As many of you know, I’ve been a huge El VEZ booster ever since a very kind old friend Ron took me to my first Merry Mex-Mas show at the now long gone Club Soda in 1999…I was blown away by how goddam sexy EL was (and still is) not to mention his energy & ingeniousness in terms of performance — with the extraordinarily lovely El-Vettes & The Spiders Of Mars + all its set pieces and glamorous Bowie-esque costume changes — but also how inventive the Xmas Song Mashups were…This was WAAAY before DJs were mashing songs together to create something new and engaging.
And, after the show, I bought a CD as well as a special EL VEZ Merry Mexmas T-Shirt (pictured) and stood in line with all the other ADORING fans for my moment with “The King” !!!
EL was gracious as could be, signing his Merry MeX-mas CD AND the T-shirt (look closely on the sleeve & boot: “Feliz Navidada & then his name”) — I AM GOING TO GIVE AWAY in the near future in exchange for a contribution to our Indie Go Go campaign!
*** AND, tomorrow we will be posting some EXCLUSIVE backstage TOUR FOOTAGE of El Vez from The Triple Door in Seattle circa 2007 for all of you who signed-up for your exclusive ALL ACCESS Backstage Pass ! (if you haven’t yet signed up, go grab one at BOTTOM RIGHT of this site.)
So, we’ll be hooking up with EL VEZ on our upcoming shoot tour…so Stay Tuned for more from the Latin King of MeX-mas!!
MEX-MAS 2012! December dates
- Dec 3 / Washington DC U Street Music Hall
- Dec 4 / Philadelphia World Cafe Live
- Dec 5 / Brooklyn Littlefield
- Dec 6 / Somerville Johnny D’s
- Dec 8 / Toronto Horseshoe Tavern
- Dec 9 / Cleveland Beachland Ballroom
- Dec 10 / Milwaukee Turner Hall Ballroom
- Dec 11 / Minneapolis First Avenue
- Dec 12 / Chicago Double Door
- Dec 14 / Seattle The Crocodile
- Dec 15 / Vancouver Fortune Sound Club
- Dec 16 / Portland Mississippi Studios
- Dec 18 / San Francisco The Independent
- Dec 19 / Santa Cruz Kuumbwa Jazz Center
- Dec 20 / Costa Mesa Detroit Bar
- Dec 21 / Los Angeles Club Los Globos
- Dec 22 / San Diego The Casbah